FY 2021 Performance Oversight and FY 2022 Budget Hearings
***UPDATED 4/21 WITH NEW BUDGET HEARING DATES***
In Spring 2021, the Committee on Labor and Workforce Development will hold hearings on the performance of the agencies within its jurisdiction and and the proposed FY2022 budgets of those agencies. The schedule is below and may be found online at https://dccouncil.gov/2020-2021-performance-oversight-fy-2022-budget-schedules/. We welcome testimony from the public and have several ways to submit testimony. Instructions for testifying follow. **Please note the schedule is subject to change.** Additionally, agencies’ responses to the Committee’s written pre-performance hearing questions are posted here: https://dccouncil.gov/labor-and-workforce-development-5/
- Friday, February 12, 2021, 10am-3pm, Office of Employee Appeals and Public Employee Relations Board
- Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2021, 10am-3pm, Department of Human Resources and Office of Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
- Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 9am-3pm, Department of Employment Services and Workforce Investment Council (public witnesses only)
- Friday, March 5, 2021, 9am-6pm, Department of Employment Services (government witnesses only)
- Friday, March 12, 2021, 10am-3pm, Workforce Investment Council (government witnesses only)
FY22 Budget UPDATED (For budget proposal to be released May 27,2021)
- Thursday, June 3, 2021, at 3pm, Workforce Investment Council
- Wednesday, June 9, 2021, at 9am, Department of Employment Services (public witnesses only)
- Friday, June 11, 2021, at 9am, Department of Employment Services (government witnesses only)
- Wednesday, June 16, 2021, at 3pm, Office of Employee Appeals and Public Employee Relations Board
- Monday, June 21, 2021, at 12pm, Department of Human Resources and Office of Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
- Those who wish to testify live must sign up on the online form, no later than 5 p.m. two business days prior to the hearing. The forms are available at:
- Witnesses who require language interpretation or sign language interpretation are asked to complete the form linked above or email the Labor Committee at [email protected] as soon as possible, but no later than 5:00 p.m. five full business days prior to the hearing date, stating their need for interpretation and requested language. The Council’s Office of the Secretary will fulfill timely requests for language interpretation services; however, requests received later than 5 full days before the hearing may not be able to be fulfilled due to vendor availability.
- The day before the hearing, the Committee will email to witnesses who signed up by the deadline the details about how to participate in the roundtable via the Zoom platform. Only witnesses who have signed up by deadline will be permitted to participate.
- Individuals representing organizations will have 5 minutes to testify live and other witnesses will have 3 minutes to testify live.
- Those planning to testify are encouraged to submit an electronic copy of written testimony by noon the day before the hearing so that staff may distribute testimonies to Committee members and staff before the hearing.
- Written testimony: Email [email protected].
- For individuals testifying live, please submit written testimony by noon on the day before the hearing.
- Voicemail testimony: (202) 455-0153
- All testimony received will be made part of the official record. Email testimony to [email protected]
- Hearing Record: Will close four business days after the hearing.
- Hearings can be viewed live at https://www.facebook.com/CMElissaSilverman