About the Committee
Councilmember Silverman serves as Chairperson of the Committee on Labor and Workforce Development for Council Period 22, which runs from January 2017 through December 2018. The Committee is responsible for matters relating to workforce development policies and training; employment services; labor standards enforcement; unemployment compensation; and workplace health and safety regulation and enforcement.
The following agencies are housed within the Committee on Labor and Workforce Development:
- Apprenticeship Council
- Department of Employment Services
- Department of Human Resources
- Deputy Mayor for Greater Economic Opportunity
- Disability Compensation Fund
- Financial Literacy Council
- Labor/Management Partnership Council
- Occupational Safety and Health Board
- Office of Employee Appeals
- Office of Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
- Office of Risk Management
- Public Employees Relations Board
- Unemployment Compensation Fund
- Workforce Investment Council
The Committee office is located on the first floor of the John A. Wilson Building at 1350 Pennsylvania Ave. NW in Suite 115.
Councilmember Mary Cheh, Ward 3
Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie, Ward 5
Councilmember Robert White, At-Large
Testifying before the Committee
Anyone wishing to testify before the Committee are asked to contact Ms. Charnisa Royster at Labor@dccouncil.us or (202) 724-7772. The Committee will attempt to accommodate all requests for special accommodations and oral interpretation. Those representing organizations will have five minutes to present their testimony, and individuals will have three minutes to present their testimony; less time will be allowed if there are a large number of witnesses.
Committee Office: (202) 724-4902
Liz Weiss, Committee Director, email@example.com
Charnisa Royster, Scheduler/Committee Clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel Savery, Senior Advisor, email@example.com
Michael Ambinder, Legislative Counsel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kesia Brown, General Counsel, email@example.com
Newsletter: The Stanley Cup Is Here!
June 13, 2018
Paid Family Leave Quarterly Progress Report #2
May 24, 2018