FY 2022 Performance Oversight and FY 2023 Budget Hearing Information
In Spring 2022, the Committee on Labor and Workforce Development will hold hearings on the performance of the agencies within its jurisdiction, followed by hearings on the proposed FY2022 budgets of those agencies. The schedule is below and may be found online at https://dccouncil.us/2021-2022-performance-oversight-fy-2023-budget-schedules/. We welcome testimony from the public and have several ways to submit testimony. Instructions for testifying follow. **Please note the schedule is subject to change.** Additionally, agencies’ responses to the Committee’s written pre-performance hearing questions are posted here: https://dccouncil.us/performance-oversight-2022/
All hearings will be streamed live on Zoom and Facebook Live. Certain hearings will be available on Cable Channel 13 and the DC Council website. Recordings will be available after the hearing on the Council's website and Facebook Live.
- Wed. Jan 26, 2022, 11am, Department of Human Resources and Office of Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
- Friday, February 4, 2022, 11am Office of Employee Appeals and Public Employee Relations Board
- Thursday, Feb. 10, 2022, 11am, Workforce Investment Council
- Monday, Feb. 14, 2022, 11am, Department of Employment Services (public witnesses only)
- Thursday, Feb. 17, 2022, 10am, Department of Employment Services (government witnesses only)
FY23 Budget (For budget proposal to be released March 16, 2022)
- Tuesday, March 22, 12pm, Department of Employment Services (public witnesses only)
- Monday, March 28, 10am, Department of Employment Services (government witnesses only)
- Friday, April 1, 2022, at 11am, Office of Employee Appeals and Public Employee Relations Board
- Monday, April 4, 2022, at 11am, Workforce Investment Council
- Wed., April, 6, 2022, at 11am, Department of Human Resources and Office of Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
- Those who wish to testify live must sign up on the online form, no later than 5 p.m. two business days prior to the hearing. The forms are available at:
- Jan. 26, 2022, DCHR, OLRCB: https://forms.gle/HDCNN1Bh2kT5kPWu5
- Feb. 4, 2022, PERB, OEA: https://forms.gle/cXa3EdWiRox419qt7
- Feb. 10, 2022, WIC: https://forms.gle/pLTCei6TWMWHZisG9
- Feb. 14, 2022, DOES**: https://forms.gle/TbSz7wHSzcT5SW4E6
- March 22, 2022, DOES**: https://forms.gle/wwhRG7j4J6yf9biY6
- April 1, 2022, PERB or OEA: https://forms.gle/oD5CA3GRUsb1QccWA
- April 4, 2022, WIC: https://forms.gle/wHHkZLafVoEXi4Yu5
- April 6, 2022, DCHR or OLRCB: https://forms.gle/W8cKThzd41iW6gtp9
Witnesses who require language interpretation or sign language interpretation are asked to complete the form linked above or email the Labor Committee at [email protected] as soon as possible, but no later than 5:00 p.m. five full business days prior to the hearing date, stating their need for interpretation and requested language. The Council’s Office of the Secretary will fulfill timely requests for language interpretation services; however, requests received later than 5 full days before the hearing may not be able to be fulfilled due to vendor availability.
**For the Monday, Feb. 14 and Tuesday, March 22, hearings with public witnesses regarding DOES, the Committee anticipates taking in-person testimony at the Wilson Building (1350 Penn. Ave, NW) in addition to virtual testimony by Zoom or phone. Please indicate when you sign up if you would like to testify in person if such option is available. Additional instructions will be emailed to those who sign up.
The day before the hearing, the Committee will email witnesses who signed up by the deadline to testify live with the witness list and details about how to participate in the roundtable. Only witnesses who have signed up by deadline will be permitted to participate.
Individuals representing organizations will have 5 minutes to testify live and other witnesses will have 3 minutes to testify live.
Those planning to testify are strongly encouraged to submit an electronic copy of written testimony by noon the day before the hearing so that staff may distribute testimonies to Committee members and staff before the hearing.
Providing written testimony
- The public may also submit written testimony, even if they do not testify live. To submit written testimony, please email your testimony no later than 2 business days after the hearing to [email protected].