This page contains information and official documents for the Summer Youth Employment Program legislation under consideration by the Committee on Labor and Workforce Development. Please check back for updates on the bill and opportunities to share your input in-person. For more information, please contact Ashley Fox, Communications Director, at (202) 724-7772 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to testify in-person at the Council
- Download an easy guide to testifying at the Council
- How a bill becomes law at the Council
Marion S. Barry Summer Youth Employment Program Enhancement Amendment Act of 2017
- Download the bill as introduced
- View additional legislative information on the Council's Legislative Information Management System (LIMS)
- Send the Committee your thoughts
- Sign up for Elissa's newsletter updates
- Follow Elissa's Committee calendar
Hearing #1 | Wednesday, January 10, 2018
The Committee on Labor and Workforce Development held a hearing on Bill 22-0617, the “Marion S. Barry Summer Youth Employment Program Enhancement Amendment Act of 2017” on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 in Room 412 of the John A. Wilson Building (1350 Pennsylvania Ave. NW). Materials from the hearing are below.
- View hearing notice
- View draft agenda and witness list
- Watch hearing video
- View agency hearing testimony
- View public hearing testimony (available when official hearing record closes on 1/24/18)
Hearing #2 | TBD
Details coming soon.