Unemployment Insurance Roundtable: October 26, 2020
On October 26, 2020 at 10:00am, Councilmember Elissa Silverman (I-At-Large), Chairperson of the Committee on Labor and Workforce Development, will host a Public Oversight Roundtable on Unemployment Insurance Programs in the District During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Public witnesses are welcome to sign up, and may use their phone or computer to participate in this virtual roundtable. The hearing will be available for live viewing on DC Cable Channel 13 and online at www.dccouncil.us.
This UI Roundtable will focus on three topics:
- DC’s short-time compensation (or “shared work”) program.
- Seamlessly transitioning claimants to additional weeks of benefits through PEUC and EB.
- Clearing the PUA claims and payment backlog.
If you are unable to testify at the roundtable, written and voicemail statements will be accepted as part of the official record until Monday, November 9, 2020. Additional details on testifying below.
Witnesses must provide their name, email address, telephone number, organizational affiliation (if any), and job title (if any), as well whether they require language interpretation or sign language interpretation. Witnesses who require language interpretation or sign language interpretation are requested to email the Labor Committee at [email protected] as soon as possible, but no later than 5:00pm on Friday, October 16, 2020, stating their need for interpretation and requested language. The Council’s Office of the Secretary will fulfill timely requests for language interpretation services; however, requests received later than October 16 may not be able to be fulfilled due to vendor availability.
- Dawit Siyoum, public witness
- Colleen Paul, public witness
- LaTeasa Hill, public witness
- Cecilia Sierra, public witness
- Tyrome Henson, public witness
- Carren Kaston, public witness
- JoJo Morinvil, Organizer, One DC
- AK Adams, public witness
- Trupti Patel, Lead Organizer, One Fair Wage
- Debbie Ricks, public witness
- Hamere Taye, public witness
- Luz Carcamo, public witness
- Gregory Allen, public witness
- Quinton Ayers, public witness
- George Black, public witness
- Linda McLeod, public witness
- Addy Baird, Reporter/Union Chair, BuzzFeed News
- Patrick Flynn, Owner, Patrick’s Pet Care
- Howard Templeman, public witness
- Davidson Hobbs, public witness
- Thelma Parks, public witness